Responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of food samples to our laboratory testing facility. The courier will provide exceptional customer services to clients of the company while operating a company vehicle to deliver and pick up test samples at customer sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting with maintenance of a company facility according to established schedules
- Must follow the Company Driving Policy, as well as all applicable state and federal driving laws.
- Adhere to proper accident reporting procedures according to company policy
- Provide Excellent Customer Service Satisfaction at the point of pick-up
- Ensure safe and timely transport of the food products to our laboratory
- Responsible for operating the vehicle in a safe manner and to drive defensively to prevent injuries and property damage
- Work closely with the laboratory management and staff
- Drive vehicles with reasonable prudence to conserve fuel and sustain them at the highest operating efficiency
- Present the vehicle for repair, service, or adjustment whenever such is needed, and preventative maintenance when time is due
- Perform all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner
- Assisting with managing priorities and schedule such that individual goals as well as team goals are achieved with encouraged participation in the Food Safety Net Services Team
- Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area
- Responsible for the completion of required training
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- 2 years of professional driving experience preferred
- Training in general laboratory practices
- Will have a current, valid driver's license issued in the State of operation
- A driving record with no DUI's or major moving violations or accidents within the past 60 months
- Demonstrated professionalism, dependability and initiative in prior work experience
- Basic knowledge of concepts and practices of a testing laboratory preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms, talk and hear
- Regularly lifts items up to 55 pounds
- Color vision and depth perception
- Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens
- Noise level varies from quiet to loud
- Temperature varies from hot to cold
- Interactive and fast-paced team oriented tasks
Key Words: Driver, Delivery Driver, Courier, Route Driver, Sample Pick Up,
Food Safety Net Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.