This is a project-designated position that determines eligibility for medical assistance, including Long Term Care and certain specialty programs. This position works on-site at Aurora Service Center, Human Services Center (Westminster), and remote. This is a project-designated position and funding ends 6/30/2022.
* Knowledge of public assistance programs, as applicable.
* Conduct effective interviews relevant to determining eligibility.
* Knowledge of CBMS.
* Apply basic math and read, interpret, and apply rules and regulations.
* Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Differentiate between relevant and non-relevant information when making eligibility decisions.
* Input data accurately and detect errors/make corrections.
* Skills related to customer service.
* Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience: Two (2) years full time responsible office clerical or extensive public contact experience. Prior experience determining eligibility for Health First Colorado-Medicaid programs preferred but not required.
Education and Training: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Satisfactory completion of an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in business, behavioral science, or another appropriately related field may substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis.
License or Certificate: None.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Ability to work in a standard office environment. Special preference will be given to Bilingual applicants.
The ability to adhere to the Adams County Norms and Values, which are: